What are embedded product listings?
Help convert readers into buyers with embedded product listings. You can embed your Shopify products in the middle and at the end of articles to drive readers to your product pages, and more seamlessly connect content and commerce.
Configuring your default listings in your settings
- Go to Settings-> Product Listings
- Choose a product to embed mid-article. Choose a product or a collection to embed after the article. Toggle one or both embeds on.
- Brand your featured product ads with font, font color, and button color. Choose between the more direct call to action of “Add to Cart,” or the lighter touch CTA of “View Product” for those top-of-the-funnel readers.
- Click Save! Now, content published from the Matcha library can be populated with your featured products, and in a seamless way that does not disrupt your reader’s experience. Instead, it just might pique their curiosity! ;)
- You have now set the “Default” ads for Matcha. You can customize more specific product listings across your content each time you publish (seen below), or you can use the default settings you’ve established here.
Adding product listings as you publish
As you publish articles from Matcha, you’ll be able to customize embedded product listings as part of the publishing process.
- Click an article you’d like to publish and click “Publish” to begin the publication process.
- Fill out any article customization (you have the option to change the title, add pre or post-article blurbs, change the feature image) and click “Continue”
- Matcha will allow you to “lock” the article to generate new subscribers and/or turn on product listings for that article
- If you’d like to use product listings, you can either use the default settings you have built in your account (see how to do this above), or you can Customize the listings within the current publishing view.
- If you’d like to Customize the product listings, simply select “Customize,” and Matcha will open a menu of options for how you can build the best-fit listing for this occasion.
- You have options to include mid-article and/or after-article ads and collections, and can specify the products and call to action you prefer.
- Once you’ve made your selections (and previewed them on the article preview on the left), you may hit “Continue” and finish publishing your article