Licensed content is a cost and time-effective way to fill your blog with high-quality content, drive efficient traffic and quickly build your email list. Our customers often want to know, “What should I publish to drive meaningful results with content?” This webinar covers provides an in-depth approach to searching, publishing, and refining content selection from the Matcha marketplace.
How to think about selecting content for your audience
Ask yourself the following questions before selecting content, and use these answers to inform your library search keywords:
- Who is your customer? What are they interested in?
- Define the ways your product addresses your customer’s needs and pains.
- On what occasions or circumstances do your customers use your product?
- What are your goals? Increased traffic? Growing your email list? Nurturing your subscribers? Think about matching content type to the goal you choose.
- Listicles and recipes are best suited for driving traffic.
- Instructionals and guides are good candidates for collecting emails via locked content.
- Experiences and guides are useful when nurturing your email subscribers.
Remember, the most important thing is finding content that resonates with your customer, not necessarily content that talks about the product you sell. You can always tie the topic back to your product with a branded blurb after the piece. Testing different topics and content types is the fastest way to hone in on who your audience is and what they’re interested in.
Stuck on what to search for? Check out our best practices for searching the Matcha library.
Refining content selection based on performance
After you have published your first batch of articles, you should do the following to discover which content will keep your audience returning to your website.
- Promote your articles on your marketing channels, such as Facebook to drive traffic to your site.
- Review Insights to see what articles perform the best with your audience. Indicators of high performance include:
- Strong visitor count
- An engagement rate higher than 70%
- A read time greater than 1 minute
- When selecting your next round of content, you can use this insight to filter for articles with the same topics and personas as your best performing content. Again, we recommend experimenting with a variety of topics- especially in your first few months of using Matcha!
If you have any questions about searching the Matcha library or choosing content, please submit a ticket so we can help!