Matcha’s Mailchimp integration allows you to automatically export subscribers to an email list. To follow these steps, you will first need to make sure that your Mailchimp account is connected in settings.
How to automatically send subscribers to Mailchimp
To automatically send new subscribers to Mailchimp, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Subscribers tab in Matcha.
- Click the ‘Customize Locked Form’ button.
- Select ‘Integrations’ in the preview pane.
- Choose Mailchimp from the ‘Select Email platform’ drop-down.
- This should bring up the option to select an email list to send your new subscribers to. [Note: We recommend creating a new list for Matcha subscribers in Klaviyo, that way you can send them an automated welcome sequence (or drip)]
- Press continue.
You’re now set up to automatically export subscribers to Mailchimp!
Segmentation in Mailchimp
Every time a subscriber’s email is captured on a piece of Matcha content, the app records meta-data on: persona, topics, tags and categories.
The meta-data in Subscribers is automatically exported to Mailchimp, which enables you to segment your audience. We recommend segmenting your audience by topic or persona and sending them content that is relevant to them!
Check out Mailchimp’s help article on segments to begin creating targeted campaigns for your email subscribers.