This article and associated videos will cover the following questions:
- How do I find the right content for my audience?
- Who should I target with my content ads?
- How do I build these audiences in Facebook Business Manager?
Each month, 2.4 billion unique users log onto Facebook. Finding potential customers in this massive user pool may seem like a daunting task. Luckily, Matcha’s content library provides all the articles you need to test audiences quickly and efficiently based on personas, lifestyle interests, locations, and more. Let’s dive into how to build audiences consistently!
There are a few different audiences that work really well to drive traffic with content. Depending on your comfort level with Facebook Ads, you should pick one of the below options to get started:
- I’m new to Facebook ads, and I don’t have an email list 👉 Prospecting Audience
- I’m new to Facebook Ads, but I have a robust email list 👉 Email List Lookalike Audience
- I’m well-versed in Facebook Ads 👉 Pixel Source Lookalike Audience
- Prospecting audiences are the broadest form of targeting, and should be used when you are unable to test Lookalike audiences or if you’re interested in testing out specific personas.
- Select locations, ages, genders, languages, and interest groups to target.
- Look into any demographic variables your purchasers have in common.
- If you're not sure which demographics work best (for example, if you're not sure whether women or men are more receptive to your content strategy), try creating 2 audiences and A/B testing them.
⚡ TIP: The interests included in your targeting should mirror those of your customer type. Test content against this to see what drives the most efficiency.
⚡ TIP: Look at your most successful Matcha posts with regards to engagement. What persona have they been targeting, and can you build out a similar persona in Facebook?
Email List Lookalike (LAL) Audiences
Like Pixel Source Lookalike Audiences, Email List Lookalike audiences take an existing set of people and finds demographic commonalities among them to build audiences that “look like” your pre-qualified audience.
Pixel Source Lookalike (LAL) Audiences
To create a Pixel Source Lookalike Audience, Facebook imports data on people who have completed actions on your site in the past 60 days, and builds a persona that “looks like” those purchasers with regards to age, gender, location, and interests that may not be available with other tools (like Shopify).
Watch this quick video to learn how to create a Pixel Source Lookalike Audience in Facebook Ads Manager:
Lookalike audiences are going to be the most qualified audience to test, since they’re already mimicking an audience that’s proven to convert.
⚡ TIP: Matcha’s Locked Content is tied to the “Subscribe” event on your pixel. If you’ve already driven over 100 leads, this could be a good event to base your Lookalike audience off of until you start building Purchases.
Now that your audience is set up, you can start A/B Testing.