Matcha's marketplace aggregates content from premium publishers across many lifestyle verticals. Licensed content is available for you to publish in your Explore tab in Matcha.
- Why should I use licensed content?
- Can I edit licensed content?
- Can another brand use the same content as I do?
- Does using licensed content affect my SEO?
- What happens to the content if we leave?
Why should I use licensed content?
Licensed content offers several benefits:
- Licensed content allows you to use high-quality, blog-style articles to drive efficient traffic to your site.
- Because Licensed content is less cost and time-intensive, it's a great tool for testing new audiences and content types.
- Insights gleaned from licensed content performance can help you to make data-driven decisions about future content investments.
- Matcha's Locked Content feature enables you to licensed gate content for subscriber generation, and quickly grow your email list.
Can I edit licensed content?
You can lightly brand your licensed content using Matcha's Article Customization feature, including:
- Changing the headline and/or featured image
- Adding a customized blurb to the header or footer of the page
- Embedding product or product collections with our Product Listings feature
Can another brand use the same content as I do?
Yes, another brand can use the same content as you.
There are 10,000+ articles in our marketplace, so it's highly unlikely that a consumer would encounter the same article twice.
Does using licensed content affect my SEO?
We put canonical tags on our licensable content to prevent duplicate penalty from search engines.
What happens to the content if we leave?
Licensed content is yours to keep as long as you’re a subscriber. If you decide to leave Matcha, licensed content is legally required to be removed from your site per our EULA.