Matcha's marketplace aggregates content from premium publishers across many lifestyle verticals. Licensed content is available for you to publish in your Explore tab in Matcha.
- Why should I use licensed content?
- Can I edit licensed content?
- Where can I publish my licensed content?
- What should I do if I notice a typo or error?
- Can another brand use the same content as I do?
- Does using licensed content affect my SEO?
- What happens to the content if we leave?
Why should I use licensed content?
Licensed content offers a number of benefits:
- Licensed content allows you to use high-quality, blog-style articles to drive efficient traffic to your site.
- Because Licensed content is less cost and time-intensive, it's a great tool for testing new audiences and content types.
- Insights gleaned from licensed content performance can help you to make data-driven decisions about future content investments.
- Matcha's Locked Content feature enables you to licensed gate content for subscriber generation, and quickly grow your email list.
Can I edit licensed content?
You can lightly brand your licensed content using Matcha's Article Customization feature, including:
- Changing the headline and/or featured image
- Adding a customized blurb to the header or footer of the page
- Embedding product or product collections with our Product Listings feature
If you're not on Shopify, you can still make those changes post-publication in your CMS of choice!
Where can I publish my licensed content?
Licensed content can be published to your ecommerce store's blog page, and promoted across your social, email, and other marketing channels using the URL created during publication.
What should I do if I notice a typo or error?
We make every effort to scrub our content for accuracy and quality as its ingested into our library, so this should be a rare occurrence. If you do notice something you believe needs updating, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'd be happy to take care of it for you!
We're currently unable to modify an article unless the content is factually inaccurate, outdated, or promotional in nature, and the article attribution concluding every article must remain intact.
Can another brand use the same content as I do?
Yes, it's possible that another brand can use the same content as you.
With 10,000+ articles in our marketplace (and growing monthly!), it's unlikely that a consumer would encounter the same article twice.
Does using licensed content affect my SEO?
Every article in our library comes equipped with a canonical tag to prevent duplicate penalty from search engines.
What happens to the content if we leave?
Licensed content is yours to keep as long as you’re a subscriber. If you decide to leave Matcha, licensed content is legally required to be removed from your site per our EULA.