Have a Shopify store and using Matcha content to drive traffic to it? Use our Shopify integration to track content-influenced revenue, see how many articles your customers read before purchasing, and monitor your store's revenue with the Matcha app.
If you have a Shopify store, all you need to know to set up this integration is your shop's domain: [your-shop-name].myshopify.com
When you first log in to Matcha, you'll be prompted to choose how you will publish:
If you're using the Shopify blog, click "Shopify" and follow the prompts in Matcha:
- Connect your Shopify store from the Matcha integrations page. When asked to install "unlisted app," hit ok. You should be taken back to the Matcha app for one more step.
- Next, add your cart snippet to your checkout page:
You'll be guided through this process from the Matcha integrations page. You'll just have to copy and paste it into your Shopify Settings>Checkout. Scroll down to Order Processing and paste into the Additional Scripts section. All done!
- It takes a few weeks for data to be collected. Scroll down to learn more about why.
- Read the FAQs below for more information on how the integration works, understanding the metrics, and more.
Here's a video on installing the check out snippet:
Once the integration is active, it will take some data collection time before you start seeing content-influenced revenue and reads per purchase data; this depends on your sales volume, but may take up to a few weeks. While the integration accesses retroactive revenue data, it only begins tracking the influence of content once the integration is live on your shop.
Here's a preview of the integration in action:
- How does it work? When a customer connects Matcha with Shopify, we install the global snippet in their store, and also install another code that will connect identifiable Shopify users with Matcha readers as sessions occur in the store. This allows us to correlate content engagement with purchase data.
- How far back does the data go? The order data showing in Matcha will go back to January 1, 2016. Content influenced on revenue will start being tracked when the integration is installed.
- How is “content influence” defined? When a customer makes a purchase, that purchase is considered to be “influenced” by all content they have read before that purchase.
- Where does the industry average number for reads/purchase come from? This is from a report by NewsCred, “The Five Elements of Content Marketing Success”.
- I have a custom Shopify theme; will this integration work on my shop? The Shopify convention for the layout filename is "layout/theme.liquid". If your theme is based on a layout with this name, the Matcha integration will work. Matcha is installed only on your shop's currently active theme upon connecting your shop with Matcha. Please notify us if you plan to change your shop's theme after installing our integration, so we can ensure that Matcha stays installed in your shop.