Now that you’re using Matcha to distribute content from your blog, we want to make sure you have all the tools you need to advertise on Facebook.
Before continuing to read -- if you already have a Business Manager and an Ad Account, you are ready to connect it to Matcha using this guide.
If you have a Business Manager account, but you do not have an Ad Account, use this guide.
If you're new to Facebook advertising entirely or your are not sure what Business Manager or Facebook Ad Accounts are, continue reading below.
This tool allows you to connect your business Facebook page + create an ad account in order to run advertising promotions. You can have multiple pages + ad accounts connected to your business manager account at any given time.
Facebook Business Manager
What is Facebook Business Manager?
Facebook Business Manager allows you to:
- Work with others to help manage your ad promotions (such as Matcha).
- Manage access and assign specific permissions to your Facebook Page and Ad Account.
How do I set up Facebook Business Manager?
In order to create an account, follow these steps:
- Go to business.facebook.com
- Click Create Account.
- Enter a name for your business, select the primary Facebook Page (your primary business page) and enter your name and work email address.
- Enter your information in the rest of the required fields.
Once you have your Business Manager account up and running, you will want to create an Ad Account in order to run ad promotions for your business.
Facebook Ad Accounts
What is a Facebook Ad Account?
A Facebook ad account is a unique ID # that is connected to your business account and credit card.
A Facebook Ad Account allows you to run paid ads on Facebook.
How do I set up a Facebook Ad Account?
First, you will need to connect your page to your business manager account. (If you just created your Business Manager account above, you will have already done this and can skip adding a Facebook Page)
Add a Facebook Page:
- Go to Business Manager Settings.
- Under the Accounts tab, select “Pages”
- Click on “Add a Page”
- Select one of the 3 options: “Claim a Page”, “Request Access to a Page” or “Create a New Page”
- If you choose to request access or claim a Page, enter the Facebook page name or URL
Add an Ad Account to your Business Manager:
- Go to Business Manager Business Settings. (Top left dropdown menu or top right blue box)
- Under the Accounts tab, click on “Ad Accounts"
- Choose “Create a New Ad Account”
- If you choose to request access or claim an ad account, enter the ad account ID. (Learn where to find the account ID)
Upon completing this set-up, Facebook will ask for some additional account details, along with your credit card information as a payment method for your ads.
All Facebook ads created by Matcha will be charged to your credit card directly. Charges should not exceed your package level.
Ad Account Billing Information
- Go to Business Settings > Ad Account > Open in Ads Manager (dropdown menu) > Select View Payment Methods
- Update billing details
- Set Your Account Spending Limit (optional)
- “You can control your total ad costs by setting an account spending limit. Your ads will pause when you reach the limit you set and won't run again until you increase or remove that limit.”
- Once your billing is updated, if will look like this:
For additional information, here’s Facebook’s resource for payment methods.
Now that you have all of these steps completed, it’s time to double check your billing is set up correctly and then you can connect your ad account to Matcha!
If you need any assistance throughout this process, your project manager and media planner will be there to help.