You can tag articles to review later for publishing, organize articles by stage of the customer journey, or even create a simple content calendar.
You can create new tags in several parts of the Matcha app. Just look for the option to 'Create new tag.'
- To create a tag in My Content, look for the 'Your Tags' list.
- To create a tag in Explore, first select an article with a green checkmark, then look for the 'Tag as...' dropdown.
- In Settings, look for 'Tags' in the righthand menu to create, edit and remove tags.
To edit your tags, navigate to Manage Tags in settings and simply click edit or delete.
How to tag content
In the Explore section of Matcha, you can search the content library and tag new articles as well as create new tags. You can filter by any tag and publish content directly.
- Search or filter for articles you’re interested in publishing.
- Hover your cursor over an article, you can select it by adding a checkmark.
- Select as many articles as you’d like to tag.
- Look for the 'Tag as...' dropdown to the right of Matcha's filters. Click to choose each tag you want to apply to your selected articles.
Using tags to filter content
Once you tag articles of interest, you can use your tags to filter content.
- In the Explore tab, your tags are featured as a custom search filter
- In the My Content tab, click a tag to filter all articles you assigned to the tag.