Publishing to Shopify
You can set up the Matcha app to communicate with Your Shopify Blog.
Before you start
Be sure you have the Blog feature of your Shopify store enabled. Then, setup your Shopify connection following the steps here.
Steps to publish
Log in to your Shopify account and navigate to: Sales Channels> Online Store > Blog Posts> New
1. In Matcha:
- Go to My Content and click on the article you’re ready to publish
- Follow along with the instructions in this Publishing via Copy & Paste article so you know what fields to copy from in Matcha, which will then be pasted into Shopify using the below steps.
2. Copy the article title and then paste it in the Title field of your Shopify blog
- Pro tip: click the copy to clipboard icon to select and copy the text to your clipboard in one click
- Note: Adding an Excerpt is optional
3. Click the “Show html” button at the top right of the blog body box in Shopify ()
- Select the large image link, download it to your computer, and rename it as something you can easily locate again
- Upload the image into the Shopify draft under "Featured image"
6. In the Organization bucket in Shopify, select your desired author, ex: brand name
7. Under “blog”, make sure it’s the correct one you want to post to
8. By default the visibility will be 'Hidden' as in saving it to publish later. Change “visibility” on the top right to “Visible” to publish immediately.
Either way, don't forget to click 'Save'!
9. Go back to your article in Matcha, click Publish so we can ping the article for tracking confirmation and you’re done!
You should now see your post live on your Shopify blog!
Pro Tip: Use the 'Set a specific publish date' option to get ahead and save a little time on your next future posts.