Promoting your content on social media is a critical component of the Matcha Formula. Once your content is live on your website, it needs to be promoted in order to increase traffic to your site and build brand awareness with your audience. Paid social is the most effective way to achieve this outcome.
Our Performance Bundles include managed promotion on Facebook by the Matcha media team. This article walks you through the steps needed to drive cost-effective traffic to your site from Facebook.
Note: You must be an admin for the business page to complete any of the below setups.
Facebook Page Access
Your Facebook Page connection brings in high-level engagement data to your Insights tab. This integration is useful to both Essentials and Performance bundles!
- Go to Matcha's Settings.
- Find the Facebook Pages setting and press 'Connect.'
- Facebook will prompt you to continue, make sure you're logged into an admin account associated with your business's page. Press 'Continue.'
- Select your business's page and press 'Next.'
- Make sure Matcha is allowed to: manage your Pages, show a list of the pages you manage, and access your page and app insights. (This allows us to run ads branded to your business and pulls in high-level engagement data to your Insights tab.)
- Press Done.
- Facebook will notify that you're linked to Matcha, press 'OK.'
- You will automatically be navigated back to your Matcha settings. Choose the Facebook Page you want to connect.
Facebook Ads Manager Access
Connecting your ad account to Matcha allows our team to run ads through your account. Billing is run through your direct account. Additionally, this gives your team full visibility into the article campaigns Matcha is running to review progress, etc as your promotions runs.
To follow these directions, you will need a Facebook Pixel installed on your site. If you don't have one set-up, check out our pixel how-to. Sharing your pixel allows us to use it at the ad level to track new visitors to your site. We can also use your pixel to create custom events and eventually retarget past site visitors.
- Go to https://business.facebook.com/settings/pixels/
- Select a pixel that is active on your site (preferably for the last 100+ days).
- Press 'Assign Partners.'
- Paste Matcha's Business ID: 621688561622483 to grant us access.
- Switch on 'Admin Access' and press 'Next.'
- Facebook will notify you if the pixel has been successfully added.
If you need additional assistance or if this article did not answer your question, please submit a ticket.